A Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Can Help You Rebuild Your Life following Serious Injury
Roger “Rocky” Walton is a spinal cord injury lawyer in Arlington, TX. He has represented many victims of personal injury who have experienced trauma to their spinal cord, the bundle of nerves that runs through the backbone. Roger Walton can help you build a strong case to seek compensation for the damages you may have suffered.
Damage to the spinal cord can result in serious injuries, and some may even be fatal. Treatment for a spinal cord injury can be costly, and the injury can likely result in a lowered quality of life and lost wages. It is important to work with a skilled personal injury attorney to ensure you receive just compensation for your losses.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
There are several circumstances under which you may suffer a spinal cord injury. The most common circumstance is a motor vehicle accident involving a car, truck, or motorcycle. In serious motor vehicle accidents, head, neck, back, and spinal cord injuries are common and can be life-threatening. Rocky Walton can help successfully bring your case against the driver at fault, a car manufacturer, or any other responsible party.
Some occupations such as construction work are inherently high-risk, increasing the chances of a serious injury. Premises liability cases such as a slip and fall accident may also result in a spinal cord injury. These accidents commonly occur due to water leaks, and the building owner may be held liable for any damages.
Other circumstances that may result in a serious spinal cord injury include medical malpractice, a defective drug, sports injuries, and acts of violence.
We offer free, no-obligation consultations to discuss and review your spinal cord injury case in detail. Our team will investigate your claims and gather evidence, medical records, and other necessary information to build a strong case against the responsible parties.
Spinal Cord Injury Damages
When Rocky Walton pursues your case, he will seek compensation for a variety of damages that you may have suffered due to your spinal cord injury. These damages can include:
- Medical Expenses: A spinal cord injury may require extensive treatments and surgeries, extended hospital stays, rehabilitation, long-term care, medical equipment such as a wheelchair, and modifications to your home or vehicle. Rocky Walton can ensure you receive adequate compensation to cover these expenses.
- Lost Wages: After a spinal cord injury, you may likely require an extended amount of time off work for surgeries, recovery, and rehabilitation, resulting in a loss of wages. In the event that the injury is fatal, damages can be sought for a complete loss of income to be paid to the injured party’s family.
- Property Damage: If your spinal cord injury is the result of a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for any damages to your vehicle.
- Lowered Quality of Life: Your quality of life may be reduced due to a spinal cord injury, especially if your injury resulted in a loss of mobility.
- Pain and Suffering: Damages are sought to compensate for the pain and suffering caused to you by your spinal cord injury.
The Rocky Walton Law Firm Experience
Rocky Walton has exclusively practiced personal injury law since 1987 and is a board-certified personal injury trial lawyer. He and his staff ensure that our clients receive personal and attentive care. We can refer you to the appropriate medical professionals for treatment for your injuries, regardless of your insurance status. We also negotiate the costs of your treatment once your case has been settled to ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation. We offer free, no-obligation consultations to discuss and review your case in detail. Our team will investigate your claims and gather evidence, medical records, and other necessary information to build a strong case against the responsible parties.
Contact Our Office Today
Spinal cord injuries can be life-altering for both you and your loved ones. A skilled attorney can help you recover adequate compensation for your damages. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury, contact our law firm and schedule your free case consultation right away.