Types of Truck Accident Injuries
Due to the nature of a truck accident, truck accident injuries can be catastrophic and are often associated with significant property damage. Trucks are heavier and larger than cars, producing a greater force of impact in the event of a collision. As a result, victims can sustain life-changing injuries to the head, neck, spine, and internal organs. Often, these types of injuries require extensive medical care, recurring treatment, home modifications, and an at-home healthcare services. Following an accident, Roger “Rocky” Walton can fight for justice and the compensation you deserve to cover economic damages as well as emotional and physical hardship. Our team can pursue all legal avenues and use our extensive resources to establish liability and hold appropriate parties accountable. If you or your loved one has been injured in a truck accident, contact our Grand Prairie, TX, practice today to find out how we can help.*
What Makes a Trucking Accident Different?
While collisions between cars can cause extensive damage, accidents involving cars and trucks are often tragic. Trucks weigh significantly more than cars, and are also much larger. The difference in size and weight propels the truck, increasing its momentum and the force of impact in the event of an accident.
Our team can pursue all legal avenues and use our extensive resources to establish liability and hold appropriate parties accountable.
Common Injuries Resulting from an accident
Injuries sustained as a result of a truck accident are often severe and can impact the victim's quality of life. Common injuries include:
- Head Injuries: In a high impact collision, victims can strike their head against the windows, seats, dashboard, and steering wheel. This force can result in a traumatic brain injury, manifesting as a concussion or coma. Head trauma can also affect vision and hearing, and lead to impaired cognitive function.
- Internal Injuries: These can include damage to internal organs as well as internal bleeding. Often, internal injuries require extensive surgery to prevent additional complications and fatality.
- Broken Bones and Lacerations: Victims can sustain breaks and fractures in the arms, legs, ribs, skull, hands, and feet. These injuries may require months of recovery and years of physical therapy. Lacerations typically need to be addressed in the emergency room, and may necessitate stitches to ensure minimal scarring.
- Neck Injuries: Due to the force of impact, victims can experience whiplash. This occurs when the head suddenly jolts back and forth. Whiplash can result in muscle and ligament damage and cause ongoing pain and discomfort.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Herniated discs are a common occurrence after an accident. These can cause chronic discomfort and may require rehabilitation and surgery. Depending upon the location and severity of the injury, victims can also suffer partial or complete paralysis. In this cases, the victim's home may have to be modified to accommodate a wheelchair and at-home medical services must be established.
- Seat Belt Injuries: Seat belts are designed to restrict forward movement in the event of a collision. However, excessive force from a semi truck can cause a seat belt injury, affecting the ribs or internal organs.
As trucks are much larger and heavier than cars, a collision between the two can have fatal results. If you have lost a loved one as a result of a truck accident, we can pursue a wrongful death case to help you cover medical and funeral expenses.*
Secure Compensation for Damages
After an accident, it is our goal at the Law Firm of Roger "Rocky" Walton, P.C. to ensure victims receive justice, as well as the compensation they are entitled to. We can hold the appropriate party accountable, whether that is the driver, the manager, or the corporation and collect reparations to cover medical expenses, lost wages, diminished earning capacity, and pain and suffering. Our team can review the details of your case and recommend the best course of legal action, providing sound guidance every step of the way.*
Contact Our Office for More Information
Roger “Rocky” Walton is a respected car accident attorney who can seek compensation for the damages you have suffered. We are prepared to advocate aggressively on your behalf, so you and your family can focus on recovery while we pursue justice. To schedule your consultation, contact us online or call us at (817) 429-4299.*
*The personal injury information offered and contained herein, regarding personal injury statutes and claimants' rights is general in scope. No attorney client relationship with our attorneys is hereby formed nor is the information herein intended as formal legal advice.