A Car Accidents Lawyer Can Help Ensure You Receive Proper Compensation for Your Injuries
From medical bills to lost income, a car accident can create a financial hardship for victims. That is why you should seek the help of a car accidents lawyer who understands the variables that can affect the outcome of a case. If you are an accident victim, do not forego your right to legal representation. For over 40 years, Roger "Rocky" Walton and his team in Arlington, TX, have been helping car accident victims receive compensation to cover their damages.
Potential Causes of a Car Accident
Speeding, running red lights, and weaving in and out of traffic are forms of reckless driving that commonly lead to accidents. However, reckless driving is not the sole cause of motor vehicle accidents. Other causes could include:
- Dangerous road conditions – Potholes, poorly painted dividers, missing signs, and clumsily designed intersections make for dangerous road conditions.
- Faulty products – Untrustworthy mechanics may sell old parts as new, falsely advertise, claim they replaced parts when they did not, or knowingly mislead you in another way.
- Inclement weather – Rain, snow, and ice can create slick, unsafe surfaces to drive on.
- Distracted driving – Talking on the phone, texting, eating, fiddling with the radio, and talking to passengers can all take a driver’s attention away from the task at hand.
- Drinking and driving – Alcohol can make a driver overestimate his or her abilities and increase the likelihood of taking unjustified risks behind the wheel.
We will examine the evidence and consider the case from all angles to ensure the best possible outcome is reached.
Impact of a Car Accident
A car accident can have a lasting financial and emotional impact on a victim, in addition to causing injury. Affects can include:
- Physical – Head injuries are common, especially in high-speed accidents. When drivers or passengers hit their head against the glass, steering wheel, or dashboard, it can lead to a concussion and long-term cognitive impairment. When hit from behind, whiplash may occur, sometimes leading to severe muscle and ligament damage.
- Financial – A car accident can prevent you from going to work. If you sustain a long-term injury or disability, your earning capacity can be severely reduced. Further, between ambulance transportation, diagnostic tests, medications, visits to specialists, and rehabilitation, your medical bills could quickly stack up.
- Emotional – Shock, disbelief, denial, anger, anxiety, and irritability are some of the emotions experienced by victims after a traumatic accident. A car accident can leave the victim socially withdrawn and isolated.
Why Car Accident Victims Need Representation
In an immensely stressful time, it is important to have a car accidents lawyer fighting on your behalf to maximize the compensation you receive for your hardship. Roger ‘Rocky’ Walton and his team can help you do exactly that, and, in the process, navigate issues such as:
- Statute of Limitations – If the deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit has passed, the party you are suing will bring this to the attention of the court. In Texas, the deadline for personal injury lawsuits is two years.
- Building a case – We will utilize all documented evidence from the scene of the accident to build your case. This evidence could include photographs, witness statements, police reports, and anything else relevant to the case.
- Seeking maximum compensation – Without a car accidents lawyer, you may not know how much compensation to which you are entitled. We will examine the evidence and consider the case from all angles to ensure the best possible outcome is reached.
Car accidents can take many forms, implicating other cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians. As each scenario involves a unique strategy, an attorney can help you navigate legal proceedings and build the strongest possible case.
Learn more about how we can help
If you have been injured in a car accident, do not take your chances with the first car accidents lawyer you come across. Let board certified personal injury trial lawyer Roger ‘Rocky’ Walton and his team work to win you full compensation for your damages. To learn more, contact us online or call us at (817) 429-4299 today.