Types of Car accident injuries
Injuries resulting from a car accident can be minor or catastrophic, and in some cases prove to be fatal. The most common injuries sustained include:
- Broken bones or severed limbs: Passengers and drivers can suffer broken bones in the arms, legs, ribs, hands, and feet. In addition, victims may experience muscle or ligament tears, which often require surgery and ongoing physical therapy. Breaks and fractures are common in the case of pedestrian accidents, as pedestrians are more vulnerable to injury.
- Head and neck injuries: If the driver or passenger is involved in a high speed collision, the force may cause whiplash. In addition, the victim's head may strike the dashboard, window, or steering wheel, resulting in a concussion or traumatic brain injury. In severe cases, these injuries can impair sight, hearing, and cognitive function.
- Injury to the back and spinal cord: Herniated discs can cause chronic pain, in addition to numb or tingling sensations and muscle weakness. Significant damage to the spinal cord can impact mobility and feeling in the arms, hands, feet, and legs, and result in paralysis. Victims who are paraplegic or quadriplegic require life-long medical care and modifications to the home.
Not all injuries are external, and only a qualified medical professional with proper diagnostic tools and equipment can identify an internal injury and determine prognosis. Postponing a visit to your doctor can not only affect your health and well-being but also impact the damages you receive. Insurance companies can use this against you, claiming your injuries to be less severe than they actually are.*
Medical documentation and accident reports can help to establish the extent of your injuries, as well as any property damage. In order to secure maximum compensation, our team can compile all relevant documents that attest to your financial expenses and emotional hardship. We can secure reparations for:
- Medical bills and prescription drugs
- Home modifications
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Continuous medical treatment or rehabilitative therapy
- Pain and suffering trauma, as well as the loss of consortium
While we understand compensation cannot restore your life prior to an accident, it can relieve the financial burden on you and your loved ones. It is our goal to provide you with the strong, compassionate counsel you deserve, so you can focus on recovery while we advocate for justice.*
Contact Our Office for More Information
At the Law Firm of Roger "Rocky" Walton, P.C., our team is dedicated to representing victims and holding appropriate parties accountable for injuries sustained. If you have been the victim of a car accident, please contact our office today to review your legal options. To schedule your consultation, you may send us a message online or call us at (817) 429-4299.*
*The personal injury information offered and contained herein, regarding personal injury statutes and claimants' rights is general in scope. No attorney client relationship with our attorneys is hereby formed nor is the information herein intended as formal legal advice.