Receive Compensation for Injuries Sustained in Construction Accidents
Construction workers are often exposed to many on-site hazards, including dangerous tools, heavy machinery, falling objects, and open pits. If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction accident, the Law Firm of Roger 'Rocky' Walton, P.C. in Arlington, TX can fight for compensation to help you get through this distressing time.
Common Types of Construction Accidents
Working in construction is one of the most dangerous occupations. Every year, workers face numerous threats on the job site, including personal injury. The most common types of construction accidents include:
- Vehicular Injuries: Tractor-trailers, bulldozers, excavators, and other heavy machinery are commonplace on a construction site. If a negligent or inexperienced driver is behind the wheel, it can lead to collisions, injuries, and even death.
- High-Level Falls: Many construction workers must climb to high distances at some point in execution of their job duties. Poorly maintained ladders, lifts, platforms, and scaffolds can cause falls with devastating and catastrophic results.
- Flammable Materials: Gasoline, building materials, and gas lines are all present at a construction site. It is the property owner’s responsibility to make sure these items are properly stored at all times.
- Heavy Objects: Bricks, beams, tools, and debris can cause serious injury or death when falling from a high altitude.
- Electrocution: Most construction workers are required to handle electrical equipment while on the job. If the equipment has not been properly inspected, it can result in severe burns or fatalities.
- Slips and Falls: Common in construction sites and offices alike, slips and falls can occur in any work environment. However, when this type of injury happens on a construction site, the result can be catastrophic.