Receive Fair Compensation for Train Accident Injuries
Train accidents can occur for a number of reasons, including lack of training for railroad employees, defective railroad tracks, or mechanical failure. If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of a train accident, a train accident lawyer at the Law Firm of Roger 'Rocky' Walton, P.C. in Arlington, TX, will work to secure fair compensation and hold all parties responsible for your suffering. For decades, our firm has proudly served our community and successfully helped our clients recover compensation for their losses. Call or text our firm at (817) 429-4299 to schedule a consultation.
Common Causes of Train Accidents
Train accidents typically involve collisions and derailments and can injure pedestrians, passengers, railroad employees, and passengers in nearby automobiles. Some of the most common reasons for these accidents include:
- Defective equipment
- Mechanical failure
- Obstructions on the railroad tracks
- Excess cargo
- Defective tracks
- Negligent train operator
- Improper or insufficient training for railroad employees
- Drivers in nearby cars using poor judgment when crossing the tracks
Victims involved in a train accident are highly advised to seek counsel from an injury law attorney who can effectively recover losses.
Establishing Liability for Train Accidents
Accidents involving a train are complex. Any claim that is filed usually involves the state government, the federal government, or both. Because railroad companies must adhere to strict regulations, most are thoroughly protected by defense lawyers and insurance carriers. Victims involved in a train accident are highly advised to seek counsel from a personal injury law attorney who can effectively recover losses. At-fault parties involved in a train accident could include:
- The train company
- Manufacturing companies
- The train conductor
- Federal or state government agencies
What to Do if You are the Victim of a Train Accident
Unlike accidents involving automobiles, boats, or other vehicles, train accidents are often highly publicized. For this reason, most victims receive the medical assistance they need rather quickly. It is important to do so, for the sake of your health and your case. Other steps should be taken to protect yourself and assist in your claim. We recommend that you:
- Preserve Evidence: Oftentimes, investigators at the scene of a train accident will have the railroad’s best interest at heart. Therefore, it is important to take note of as much detail as you can, taking photos if possible.
- Avoid Discussion about the Accident: So that you are not wrongfully held accountable, it is important that you do not discuss the details of the accident with anyone until you have met with an attorney.
- Notify Insurance Companies: If your vehicle was involved in the accident, be sure to alert your insurance company right away.
- Hire an Injury Law Attorney: So that you do not have to face this dire situation alone, hire an attorney to fight for you. Choosing a firm that is specializes in personal injury law will give you a tremendous advantage.
Board-Certified in Injury Law
Both Roger “Rocky” Walton and Ron W. Walton are board-certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. Because of their expertise and specialized training, they are well-qualified to assist victims of train accidents. Since 1987, we have been helping clients overcome the financial strain that comes with significant injury. Fully committed to justice, we are not afraid to go to trial for you. We practice aggressive tactics while upholding the law and our ethical standards.
Schedule a Consultation Today
Train accidents can result in devastating injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered medical expenses or pain and suffering due to a train accident, schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys. We can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us online, or call or text our law firm at (817) 429-4299.